People of St. Olaf: Emma Samson ’21

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Photo courtesy of Emma Samson(pictured above)

Year: Freshman

Major: Economics/Psychology

Favorite class: Developmental Psychology

Favorite study spot: Regents

Favorite caf food: Bowls

Favorite St. Olaf memory: The first Pause dance

Favorite artist: The Black Keys

Ice cream or sorbet?

Sorbet

Is there anything at St. Olaf that you look forward to pursuing more?

I can’t wait to have a chance to explore all of my hobbies, like art, writing, and music, in an academic setting. It’s the reason why I chose a liberal arts school, you get to do everything.

How has St. Olaf helped you develop your future plans?

Before coming here I didn’t have any idea what I wanted to do with my life, but after learning about many academic departments, speaking with my advisor, and narrowing down the subjects I enjoy, I’ve decided that I want to focus on Behavioral Economics-the study of why people spend and consume the ways they do.

How has the Hill helped you further a passion in your life?

I’m blessed to be continuing my athletic career here on the Women’s Volleyball Team. Volleyball has been such a huge part of my life for so long, it is truly an honor to continue to do what I love while representing my school.