People of St. Olaf: Alison Curry ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Photo courtesy of Alison Curry(pictured above)

Year: Junior, Class of 2019

Major:  Social Work and Chinese

What is your favorite dessert?: COOKIES

Would you rather live in a big city or a small town?: small town, but near a big city.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how ready are you for summer?: 8.5 because I’m ready for better weather

Are you involved in any clubs/extracurricular activities at St. Olaf?: volleyball and softball

Photo courtesy of Alison Curry(pictured above on the far right)

Where is your favorite place to be?: anywhere that is with my family

What is your favorite past-time activity?: napping or playing sports!

Favorite time of the day: breakfast

Favorite class taken at St. Olaf so far: That is hard because there are so many great professors here. I’d have to say my Social Work class with Susie Smalling.  

Favorite quote: “Give 100% of what you have every day” -unknown

Your biggest pet-peeve?: slow drivers

Favorite activity to do with friends: Anything, I love hanging out with my friends. If I have to be specific, I’d say any sport activity and playing our favorite music.  

How has the Hill helped you further a passion in your life?: St. Olaf has helped me to learn what my passions are. I came in, not knowing that I wanted to be either Social Work or Chinese. The piper center and my professors/advisors have really helped teach me that these are both areas that I am passionate in.

Is there anything at St. Olaf that you look forward to pursuing more?: Next fall I get to do my field practicum work as a social Worker and I am very excited to do this. I will be able to have more hands on experience in an actually Social Work setting and I’m ready to pursue that experience.

How has St. Olaf helped you develop your future plans?: Everyone at St. Olaf has helped me develop my future plans. I don’t know what those plans are yet but I have made so many connections to people at Olaf that will help me. The opportunities I have been given and will be given are so great here because everyone genuinely cares about my future.

Photo courtesy of Alison Curry(pictured above–last in back row, right corner)

What was your favorite childhood snack?: probably cereal, any kind!

What is your go-to procrastination activity?: definitely napping

Favorite meal of the day?: Breakfast! I love the chocolate chip pancakes  

With Spring on the way, what will you miss about winter?: How pretty the snow makes our campus look.

What’s the best thing about Minnesota to you?: I love being able to have all four seasons and all of my family is here, which is a really important part of my life.

What’s your favorite type of humor(witty, dry,etc): probably, dad jokes. They are just so funny