etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ole Fit: Stay Active Over Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Now that spring break has FINALLY arrived, the first thing on your to-do list might be to binge-watch Netflix until you’ve seen every episode of Friends (twice). While it’s important to take some time for yourself this week to decompress and destress now that midterms have ended, it is also important to stay active. So whether you are escaping to sunshine and warmer weather, or you are bundling up and trying to survive the second winter Mother Nature sprung on us this past week, here’s some advice for staying active during Spring Break.

Go for a walk Do you have a furry friend who’s long been awaiting your return home? Grab a leash and get some fresh air.

Go exploring Traveling for break? Try going for a hike and discovering things you’ve never seen before. Beach destination? Go for a run in the sand. Running on the beach is a great way to workout and enjoy the warmer temps.

Try local classes Whether you’re at home or not, look into fitness classes offered locally. Spring Break is a great way to try your hand at something new, like yoga or crossfit.

Wherever break may take you and whatever endeavors you might find yourself doing, stay active and have fun in the process.

Happy Spring Break, fit friends!

Dog walking Running Yoga Relaxing