Ole Fit Athlete of the Week: Emma Fulton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Get to know Emma Fulton!

1. Hometown: Billings, MT

2. Major: Biology and Neuroscience concentration

3. Event: Pole vault

4. Favorite music to workout to: T swift – totally my guilty pleasure

5. Best sports memory: My last state gymnastics meet in high school. Gymnastics was a huge part of my life growing up; it was very bittersweet but exciting to end my career on such a high note. 
6. Favorite part of being on a college sports team: I love being on a collegiate team, because I’m surrounded by people who all enjoy working hard for the same things I do. It fosters great friendships, work ethic and healthy lifestyles. 

7. Inspirational athlete: I’ve always loved Aly Raisman. She was an Olympic gymnast in 2012 and is trying to make it back to Rio in 2016. She’s super tough and hard working – I aspire to have her motivation and confidence.

8. Any pregame rituals or superstitions?: I wear the socks for every pole vault competition.

9. Favorite food after a hard practice: Half a cup of Greek yogurt mixed with a spoonful of peanut butter and a little honey. It makes the best apple dip ever. 

10. Extracurriculars or activities that you’re involved in: I am a St. Olaf EMT and am a part of the org Supporting Special Needs. 

11. Any sports related advice?: Confidence. It’s something we all struggle with at some point or another, but has a huge impact on performance.

**photos provided by Emma