alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ole Entertainment: Summer Movie Preview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Hey Oles! Summer is just around the corner, and you know what that means – it’s time to start making your list of movies to see! Summer is one of the largest seasons for movie releases, and this year is no different. There is something for everyone, whether you love a good rom-com or you prefer a more serious indie-drama. Check out some of the most anticipated films below and add them to your summer movie list!

Pitch Perfect 2 (May 15)

The Barden Bellas are back and ready to compete in the worldwide Acapella championship, with new rivals and plenty of hilarious lines for you to quote for weeks afterward.

Jurassic World (June 12)

The theme park is finally open for business (it took them enough Jurassic Park sequels to get there!), but when a genetically-engineered dinosaur starts wreaking havoc, Chris Pratt must come to the rescue.

Inside Out (June 19)

Featuring the voices of comedic talents Amy Poehler, Bill Hader and Mindy Kaling, this Pixar film focuses on an 11-year-old girl dealing with the animated emotions inside her head.

Magic Mike XXL (July 1)

Because the 2012 movie was so popular, we have been blessed with a sequel featuring another two hours of a shirtless, dancing Channing Tatum. Who’s going to complain about that?!

Minions (July 10)

If you enjoyed Despicable Me, you’re sure to love Minions – this movie is all about the tiny yellow creatures before their lives with Gru.

Tangerine (July 10)

Shot entirely on the camera of an Apple iPhone 5S, this emotional story of two transgender hookers was a breakout film at the Sundance Film Festival and has received rave reviews from critics for its unique production methods.

cover photo:https://spawnguy07.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/summer11.jpg

Lindsey Tucker is a freshman at St. Olaf College, and is the writer for the Ole Entertainment Blog. When she's not scoping out new music tracks or browsing Netflix for the next show to watch, she enjoys playing accordion with The Runestones, whipping up tasty drinks in The Cage and attending the occasional concert.