Meet Emily Oberto ’18!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Name: Emily Oberto

Year of Graduation: 2018

Major/Concentration: English with a concentration in Educational Studies.

Relationship Status: In a relationship.

Nicknames: Em, Emy, Embem, Scruffy (it’s a long story), EmaleenaLynnerdina (an even longer story).

Favorite Movie: Too many! Bridesmaids, Mamma Mia, Sleepless in Seattle

Favorite Band/Music Artist: I can’t even deny it, I’m a total Swiftie. I’ve been to 3 concerts and I am PROUD of it.

Favorite Animal? Elephant! (Did you know they cry!? They are seriously the coolest.)

Hobbies: I love reading, biking, theater, yoga, paper-related crafts, HGTV/designing my dream home and hanging out with (other people’s) kiddos.

Dream Job: My dream job is to be an English teacher, but my DREAM dream job is to be a full-time lifestyle blogger.

Favorite Pick-Up Line: “I love that shirt, what’s the material?”… (“I dunno… “)… “Well it looks like girlfriend material!”

Call or text? Call. I intensely dislike texting, although it’s necessary at times. Unfortunately the majority of my friends have a weird phone-phobia.

Favorite class you’ve taken at St. Olaf? Education 378: Multicultural Education in Hawaii!! I got to spend the month of January working and teaching in two different schools in Hawaii, and then go to the beach on the weekends. Basically the best month of my life.

Describe yourself in one word: Spunky

What is your ideal date? “April 25th. Because it’s not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.”

Finish this sentence: A guy looks his best when… he’s confident and grounded.

Finish this sentence: A girl looks her best when… she feels beautiful.

*All photos taken with permission from Emily’s Facebook page.