Meet the Campus Ducks!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Meet Mr. and Mrs. Duck!  

Hometown: Ytterboe lawn – Northfield, MN 

Major(s): Waddling (or as you humans might call it, Dance) and Quacking (which you may call Music) 

How are you involved on campus?: We  go on morning and evening walks to get our exercise and get out with the students, nibble on goodies in the grass, swim in nearby ponds, quack at Oles, and admire St. Olaf’s beautiful campus by relaxing in the lawn. 

Favorite place on campus?: Ytterboe lawn is nice. We are looking forward to watching Oles play volleyball when it gets warmer. We also enjoy the pond in the natural lands. 

What are your plans for the future?: We plan to stay around St. Olaf as long as possible. However, we like to fly around to experience the other treasures Northfield has to offer, so we may move around – who knows! 

What do you want Oles to know?: It’s really nice that you let us share campus with you! Even though a few of you like to chase us and try to take our picture around campus – I guess we like to think of you as the paparazzi – you Oles are some of the best students around! Keep it up, and know you are doing great things! 

Kate Roy is a junior, Psychology and Dance double major at St. Olaf College. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus St. Olaf, she enjoys writing, editing, and helping her fellow Oles get their voices heard. Kate is involved in CompanyDance, the modern dance company at St. Olaf. In her free time, Kate loves to spend time with friends, listen to music, browse Her Campus, flip through fashion magazines, and eat chocolate.  Kate is a fashionista and has a passion for all things dealing with fashion. She works at Madewell, and enjoys getting experience in the fashion world. Kate headed the Her Campus St. Olaf College style blog, StO-Style (now Snapshot), for the 2013-2014 school year. She loved this position and hopes to continue her fashion writing in the future. Kate is extrememly excited to share the position of Campus Correspondent for the 2014-2015 school year and expand her involvement with St. Olaf's Her Campus Chapter.