This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Hello, my dear fellow collegiettes! It’s time for another rendition of the KSTO Radio Times! I’m sorry there was no article last week. Due to Fall Break, the station was locked, and nobody was broadcasting. But this week, we are back with a review of a show very near and dear to my heart, Rock Evolution.

I’ve already written about Troll Cops, my radio drama, in this blog. However, Troll Cops is by its nature dialogue-based, and is not structured in a way that I can play much music. This is a shame, because music is very important to me. Thus, I signed up for a second time slot this semester. Rock Evolution is a two-hour music show, broadcasting from 1-3 PM every Thursday. Each episode focuses on a specific band and tracks the way their style has evolved over time. The most recent episode covered the band Styx, which is famous for such hits as “The Grand Illusion”, “Lady” and “Come Sail Away.”

Other bands that have been covered in the past include Boston, the Moody Blues and a special episode covering the history of queer music during Coming Out Week. The bands chosen tend to be those that rose to fame in the 1960’s and 1970’s, but their music is covered as far forward as last year, at least in the case of Boston. One of the goals of the show is to show that some of these old bands are still around and producing good music.

So, to sum up: The music choices are solid, and their is a spotlight on a single band. This is an interesting gimmick that makes the show stand out from the myriad general music shows. The hostess is quite knowledgeable about the bands she’s spotlighting, even if she’s a bit scatterbrained at times. Tune in Thursdays, 1-3pm, on KSTO 93.1. As always, it can be listened to here. This week’s episode: The lovely, sexy and talented Taylor Swift. You should be listening.