This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Happy Holidays!

It’s finally winter break. We have not only survived the stress of finals, but the workload of the entire semester. I say we treat ourselves to a relaxing holiday break. This means we take advantage of the chilly weather and go skiing or ice-skating! And then warm up by the fire with some hot chocolate and loving family all around. After you plan out your break, take a look at some ideas for what to wear:

Ice-Skating

Alright, not going to lie … this outfit is based of the 1D ‘Night Changes’ music video. Harry Styles is looking as beautiful as he always does, ice-skating the night away. He is in his signature look, which includes a trench coat and scarf. So naturally, I suggest you wear the same. Stay warm, stay fashionable and find yourself a Harry Styles to go ice-skating with!

Lounging

You’re probably wondering why I am giving you an idea for loungewear, and to answer you: I am not sure. I saw this outfit and thought it was adorable. If you are at home, or even someone else’s home, then this is your look. It still looks put-together, even though it’s made up of comfortable pieces. Perfect for a night in!

Christmas

Enough beating around the bush, it’s time to talk about Christmas day outfits! This look is perfect since it plays off of a winter theme, while still being elaborate enough for a holiday celebration. Use reds and greens in your outfit, but don’t over do it. Keep neutrals as the main piece. Whatever you choose, be prepared for a day filled with love and laughter.

New Year’s Eve

The last outfit is, of course, for New Year’s Eve! Sparkles, glitter, metallic – anything goes. Is there a piece in the closet you have yet to build up the confidence to wear? Then it was made for New Year’s (but definitely keep things classy). If you wear sparkles on the bottom, neutral it out on the top with a solid color. If your shirt is the focal point, be sure to pair it with your favorite jeans or a plain skirt. New Year’s is a time to celebrate, so chose something you want to show off!

And that’s it! The semester is over, and before you know it we will be back for Interim. Safe travels to those studying abroad, and happy holidays to everyone. Enjoy your break and be sure to make time for yourself. See you next semester!

Stay stylish, Oles! XOXO

Photo Cred

Cover Ice-Skating Lounging Christmas New Year’s