Campus Celebrity: Rachel Palermo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Who doesn’t love a little brunch? 

Welcome back to campus! As we know, students are one of those things that make St. Olaf so great.  This week, we meet Rachel Palermo a class of 2015 Political Science and Economics major. Rachel is involved in “too many [campus activities] to count,” but you may recognize this go-getter as the President of the Student Government Association! Rachel’s favorite foods are even St. Olaf classics, but she has a hard time picking one! She claims, “It’s a tie between Caf potstickers and Pause pizza.” When she isn’t hard at work making the campus a great place for the student body, you can find Rachel in the library reference room, which is her favorite place to study. She may also be watching her favorite movie, Legally Blonde, or be partaking in some of her favorite activities: supporting the Oxford comma (Sorry, Rachel, no Oxford commas here), drinking coffee, eating brunch, staying up way too late and talking about politics. After St. Olaf, Rachel hopes to pursue a career involving policy and law- did you know that Attorney General Eric Holder once laughed at her joke? Talk about a resume builder! So, ladies, here is what Rachel would like you to know: “Women run the world. Lean in and seize every opportunity.” Keep an eye on this empowered, young woman- she is certainly going places!