Campus Celebrity: Erin Hynes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

For my first campus celebrity post, I chose to interview my fabulous RA of my dorm, Erin Hynes. As you’ll soon find out, this girl has a packed schedule yet finds the time to create meaningful relationships with her residents and fellow Oles.

Name: Erin Hynes

Hometown: St. Paul, MN

Majors: Biology and Spanish double major, with a concentration in bio molecular sciences.

Activities: She describes herself as a “typical Ole”—an overcommitted participant in several time-consuming activities. Not only is she the RA for the most squirrely freshman dorm, but, she is also on the woman’s tennis team (she prefers singles), and last year was the coordinator for ADC.

Favorite Food: Spaghetti, but she says really any food with carbs is her favorite.

Favorite Place to Study: In Regents, especially the atriums.

Favorite Fall Activity: Bundling up and watching a sports game outside, and, of course, fall drinks.

How do you wish to affect the St. Olaf community: By establishing individual relationships with her residents, and creating strong bonds with all different people.

Photos Provided by Erin Hynes.