Amelia Schurke ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Name: Amelia Schurke

Year of graduation: 2016

Major/concentration: Biology Major and Latin American Studies Concentration

Favorite place to study: I love studying in the science library!

Favorite food: Pineapple, curry, chocolate chip cookie dough and brown bread. Yum.

Favorite movie: Polar Express.. because who doesn’t love Christmas and a magic train ride?!

Favorite Fall Activity: Probably trail runs with my fantastic team… crisp autumn air and the crunch of leaves… perfect.

Hobbies: Hiking, camping with my family and friends, meeting new people, baking sweet treats, traveling and speaking Spanish. 

Campus Activities: I’m on the Nordic ski team, involved with FCO and am leading a Bible Study this year!

After St. Olaf I would like to: Definitely travel and live in another country for a while. As for my career, possibly deliver babies as an OB or work somewhere in the Spanish-speaking world in maternal fetal medicine. 

Proudest Moment/Greatest Achievement: Climbing to the top of Medicine Bow Peak this sumer with two of my best friends in Wyoming this summer. On our way to the top, we passed an older couple who climbed to the top of the peak every year for the past 20 years to commemorate their marriage, and this was the last time they were going to be able to do it. SO precious!

What do you want the ladies of St. Olaf to know: Don’t let anyone or anything discourage you from pursuing your passions. Find ways to show your loved ones how thankful you are for them – life is too short to not! 

Kate Roy is a junior, Psychology and Dance double major at St. Olaf College. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus St. Olaf, she enjoys writing, editing, and helping her fellow Oles get their voices heard. Kate is involved in CompanyDance, the modern dance company at St. Olaf. In her free time, Kate loves to spend time with friends, listen to music, browse Her Campus, flip through fashion magazines, and eat chocolate.  Kate is a fashionista and has a passion for all things dealing with fashion. She works at Madewell, and enjoys getting experience in the fashion world. Kate headed the Her Campus St. Olaf College style blog, StO-Style (now Snapshot), for the 2013-2014 school year. She loved this position and hopes to continue her fashion writing in the future. Kate is extrememly excited to share the position of Campus Correspondent for the 2014-2015 school year and expand her involvement with St. Olaf's Her Campus Chapter.