3 Easy Ways to Have a Festive Dorm Room!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

So it’s officially the holiday season! Not going to lie though, at the beginning of November, I had already started listening to Christmas music. Please tell me I’m not the only one! Anyways, I hope you’re excited as I am for the holidays and the upcoming blog posts. I’ve always loved interior design and especially when it has something to do with Christmas! This post is all about how to easily decorate your dorm room in just a few steps this Christmas. I’m so thrilled to decorate my dorm for the first time all festive and Christmas-y. I hope these ideas gets you inspired to deck out your dorm as well!

Blankets/Pillows

One of the simplest ways to make your room festive is by adding holiday pillows & throw blankets. I love adding these items because it just makes everything all the more cozy too! There are so many stores right now that have different patterns and fabrics so you will have a lot options.

Image Source: http://www.hercampus.com/school/sau/3-easy-dorm-decorating-ideas-winter-holidays

Lights

Another easy way is by using Christmas lights. My guess is that you already have those twinkle lights in your room. But I think it would be very cute to add colorful twinkle lights or different sizes to really get that Christmas vibe.

Cute Prints

I’m obsessed with adding cute and festive photos and prints on the wall. I search on Google and Pinterest “christmas prints” and so many adorable free and printable images are available. Print them out and use washi tape or sticky tack to adhere them on the wall for easy removal!

Image Source: https://www.designertrapped.com/free-christmas-printables-2/

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Throughout this month, I also hope you found the time to be grateful for everything and everyone in your life. Since it’s still November, I still have one more post to say what I’m thankful for. This week, I would like to thank teachers for all the work they do to help us grow as students and individuals. Without teachers, I wouldn’t be who I am today. So, thank you to all teachers and especially those teachers who have positively impacted me!

xoxo,

Sophia