This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Your Fall Bucket List

Eight things to make sure you do this fall in the North Country (and beyond!)

1. Go canoeing – The water may be getting cooler, but that doesn’t make it any less beautiful. SLU offers a canoe and kayak rental shack down below the soccer fields along the river- go take advantage of it while the weather still allows!

2. Share a hot tea or coffee – Whether you’re out and about or cozy in your dorm room, enjoy a warm drink with friends to counter the chilly weather outside. Whether at the North Star Cafe, the Bagelry in town, or somewhere else, a nice hot drink can always warm you up on a chilly fall day!

3. Go apple Picking – Who doesn’t love apple picking!? And, of course, all of the goodies that come along with it. See our article on “Apple Picking in the North Country” for some local suggestions!

4. Decorate your room! Theres nothing like throwing a littel fall splash to your room decor! Whether its a little pumkin on your bedside table or a fall scented candle to give your room that warm feel, its those littel easy things that can put you in a fall mindset.

5. Take a hike – If you are from outside of the Northeast and you’ve never seen leaves turn color in the fall, then this is an absolute must. However, even if you do call the East Coast your home, the foliage never gets any less beautiful!

6. Watch soccer games – Gather all of your SLU gear, bundle up, and go cheer on your fellow Laurentians on our home field.

7. …and football games! Leconby Stadium gets filled with locals and students for all games- go join the fun!

8. Find your fall Style – It’s time to reestablish your wardrobe with cute and cozy essentials, such as sweaters, jeans, flannels, and vests! Fall is easily the easiest season to accesorize your outfit, so take advantage of it!

Do your best to enjoy the beatiful fall our North Country has to offer!