This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

1. Winter Boots: The change in season is always a good excuse to invest in some cute new boots. Our personal favorite brands for staying warm are: Sorel, Hunter, and Bean boots.

2. Cute Hat: Pom pom hats are the cutest addition to a winter outfit. As you walk around campus this winter, you will see many girls wearing cute hats with pom poms of all different sizes. Places to buy pom pom hats include: J.Crew, Moncler, Nordstrom, and Target. If you want to support local stores, Luna and Isle of You are also great options to find cute winter apparel that will keep you warm.

3. Mittens: Make sure you keep your hands warm this winter with a cute pair of mittens. Our favorites are the knit mittens, found at Urban Outfitters, Nordstrom, and J.Crew. It’s also a great idea to keep a pair of spare mittens in your car for driving on cold winter days.

4. Vests: Whether it’s puffer, quilted, or fuzzy, vests are essential to keep warm during the winter months. Great places to buy vests include: J.Crew, Patagonia, North Face, and Francesca’s. Pair with a sweater or a long sleeve top and you’re good to go!

5. Long Jackets: Long Puffer Jackets are the go-to coat for SLU girls during the winter time. For extra warmth, pick one up with a fur hood, it’ll keep you protected from the North Country wind! Places to find them include: Marmot, Patagonia, L.L.Bean, The North Face, Nordstrom, and Canada Goose.

6. Pullovers: Why not have a lazy day every once in awhile! Oversized crewnecks, hoodies, and fleece are great for those chilly days when you want to stay comfy. Our favorites include Patagonia, North Face, Southern Shirt Company Sherpa (pictured below), True Grit, and collected sweatshirts!  

Kayla is Junior at St. Lawrence University, majoring in Communications and minoring in Sociology. She is a member of the Women's Lacrosse team on campus and is Vice President of Public Relations at Delta Delta Delta. She lives in Milbrook, NY where she is the 2nd oldest of four children and where her 4 doggies stay. Her role models include.. Amy Schumer. Kayla just recently got back from a semester abroad in Prague and is excited to pick up Chapter Coorespondent for Her Campus St. Law U once again!