This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Sister-sister relationships can be tough; there can be things like jealousy, favoritism by parents, and competitiveness that can be a roadblock in the relationship. Yet, my relationship with my sister could not be better. My sister, Sarah, is five years older than me and my absolute best friend. Growing up together we never really compared ourselves to each other, we never grew to compete with each other and we never were jealous of each other because we are so compatible and not super close in age. I feel this age difference helped in so many ways; Sarah is always there with great advice because she has gone through everything I am go through before me. Whether it be boys, adjusting to college, or girl drama Sarah is always there for me.

Having said this, she has really shaped me into the woman I am today. She has taught me to be myself, to stick up for myself, and most importantly she has taught me how to be kind. I have yet to meet a kinder person than my big sis! So shout out to you Sarah! Not only are you the best sista eva, but the best friend I could ask for! Love you! 

(Photos: Giphy, Katie Leffel)

Katie Leffel

St. Law U '21

Hi! My name is Katie Leffel and I am a sophomore and Campus Correspondent for St. Lawrence University, situated in Canton, New York. I am furthering my interests and pursuing double major in Business in the Liberal Arts and Economics as well as a minor in Film Studies. In addition, I am from Connecticut and my interest include fashion, art, exersize, and the great outdoors! 
.