This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Mid-semester break at SLU is a perfect time to take a fun trip with your friends or a significant other to take a break from all your responsibilities and to de-stress! Many students don’t have Friday classes which is another great time to take advantage and do something spontaneous. Here are a few weekend trips for you!

Road trip to Canada

SLU is just half an hour from the Canadian border so why not take advantage of being this close to Canada? Ottawa being just two hours away you and your friends have a weekend filled with activities. This city is home to the Ottawa Senators and for our hockey fans out there, you will no doubt enjoy a good ole NHL game. Not sports fans? No worries! With the Rideau Canal Skateway located in downtown Ottawa this is the time to skate away. Living in the NoCo we know there’s limited amounts of shopping center’s but Ottawa has the beautiful Rideau Centre shopping center! You and your friends get to see hockey games, ice skate, AND shop!? What more do you need!

Oh– but there’s more in Canada! Montreal is another dream destination for all the SLU students for those getaway weekends. The winter time is a cold but beautiful time of the year so the restaurant “Tsukuyomi Ramen” will warm you right up with delicious homemade noodles. And of course you need to skate while in Montreal and “Atrium Lee 1000” has the perfect mixture of skating time with your friends and a food court right next to it!

Montreal and Ottawa also offer beautiful and cheap AirBnb’s for small or large groups of people. Having your own apartment or house for you and just your friends? Talk about a weekend to remember!

Take a ski or snowboard trip – St. Lawrence is filled with ski and snowboard lovers, and lucky for them SLU is close to two skiing hotspots.

Whiteface Mountain is located in Lake Placid (under 2 hours away from campus) with over 70 slopes open– it’s time to shred!!

Titus Mountain is a perfect day trip to ski/snowboard with friends. Titus is located in Malone, NY (an hour drive away), and tickets are $40 which is right in our college budget. The Titus Mountain even offers night skiing which is even cheaper at $27! Not much of a skiier or snowboarder? No worries! They offer tubing, which is a blast with your friends and brings out your inner child again. With the cheap prices and being ranked the ‘#1 Family Friendly Resort in North America,’ take advantage of this easy and fun skiing/snowboarding opportunity :)

{Photos: Pinterest, Google Images, AirBnb}