Small and Simple Ways to Decorate Your Dorm Room for Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Winter time in the NoCo has arrived! The cold days are here and the snow is falling. With the year winding down and the holiday season quickly approaching, decorating your dorm room with winter and holiday decor will make it even better! Here are some small and simple ways to decorate your dorm room/apartment:

1. Lights- Lights are an absolute MUST to add a cozy vibe to your dorm room.

2. Little Xmas Trees- Putting up the Christmas tree with your family is definitely something I miss a lot, so why not get your own fake tree to decorate? Target has perfect sized, and fun colored, fake Christmas trees, and the Dollar Store near SLU will have decorations (within your college budget)!

3. Pillows- Beds are absolutely the best part of your room that ties the whole vibe together. Decorative pillows are a must for holiday decorating!

4. Door decorations- Decorating your door will be so much fun to do with your roommate,and might bring out the inner arts and craft skills you never knew you had!

5. Candles- Many colleges don’t allow candles in dorm rooms, so if you live in an apartment or house and they allow them then definitely go candle shopping! Holiday smells will always put you in great mood.

{Photos: Pinterest, Alex Uriarte, Google Images}