This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Aries

In one of the fastest months of the year, Aries is not a sign that feels overwhelmed. We were made for the kind of rush that always comes in December (One word: finals.) How to make the best of this energy? Here’s my advice:

The Good: The month starts with a bang! Aries get a boost all the way to this month’s Full Moon on December 13th. Be ready for your phone to be off the hook and enjoy the festivities! With finals coming up, use the weekend as your time to relieve your stress by celebrating the holidays at the Ticker in ugly sweaters or formal dresses.

The Tricky: Your career might also take off, especially at the end of the month. Some of us might get a bit intense then. Just remember what’s important and don’t forget to breathe.

Extra Tip: Follow your instincts this month, they won’t disappoint you.

Luckiest days: 8, 9

So-so days: 21, 22

Taurus

Can you believe that it is December already!? Where did the first semester go? Here’s what you need to know about this month…

Your love life mellows out early in the month – not necessarily a bad thing. You have plenty of other things to focus on, plus this means extra time to yourself to spend the day with Netflix in bed!

Money and shopping are highlighted by the December 13th Full Moon. Luna and Isle Of You anyone?? Remember: more isn’t always better. Actually, it often is the opposite.

The New Moon on December 28th urges you to turn over a new leaf. Make some realistic New Year’s resolutions – even just one. You can do it!

Best Days: 10, 11

Tougher Days: 23, 24

Gemini

You’re attracting just the kind of things you want in December! I talked to the astrologers here and this is what to expect…

Your clever, yet practical side kicks into overdrive. You can accomplish everything you set out to do if you get going right as the month starts. Don’t be afraid to use your planner to make sure you space out all of the work due for your classes! It can be a bit hectic if you leave 2 final exams, a final essay, and an oral presentation all for one day!

The December 13th Full Moon is all about you and your social life. Get out, connect with friends, meet new people. This means go to Java if you haven’t been, or check out a Theme House that you’ve never been to (I hear the International House has really good food)

December 28th has an intense New Moon, with Mercury retrograde as well. It can be frustrating, so just sit back and let things come to you… you’re attractive and attractING.

Best Days: 12, 13

Tougher Days: 26, 27

Cancer

Don’t freak out! December is ruled by fiery and airy energy, meaning it could be a bit tricky for us. But you know what? There will be a big reward in the end. Keep reading…

The Good: This month’s Full Moon on December 13th is all about relaxing and pampering yourself. If you’ve been working hard lately, you deserve some solo time. Take it! Go to Walmart or Rite Aid and pick up some beauty products so you and your friends can have a spa day!

The Bad: The Pisces Moon on December 5th might make you feel stressed out to the point of feeling like you are alone carrying all this weight. It’s an illusion. You are not the only one who feels like finals might just be your tipping point. Everyone is feeling defeated by work at this point in the semester, talk to some friends about it and you will feel better.

Extra Tip: This month’s New Moon on December 28th is red hot for us. If single, you might be hooking up with someone by New Years. If committed, your partner will be fascinated with you.

Lucky days: 14, 15

So-so days: 1, 2, 3, 29, 30

Leo

November was intense. Ruled by fiery pal Sagittarius, December will be an easier month for us Leos. Here’s the scoop:

The Good: Who has the most fun during this month’s Supermoon on December 13th? Us! Calls, texts, and invitations will be pouring in. Love every minute of it! We only have one more weekend before winter break so make the most of it!

The Bad: Someone might try to ruin a well-laid plan of yours- probably someone with more authority than you. It all might be fine if you just take the high road instead.

Extra Tip: It was all fun but, are you exhausted from the holidays and it’s not even New Years yet? Get your chill time on and you might even experience an epiphany under this month’s New Moon on December 28th.

Lucky days: 16, 17, 18

Challenging days: 4, 5, 31

Virgo

It’s time to believe in yourself and that you CAN and WILL do it all, Virgo! Here’s what will happen for us in December…

– Doubting a decision you made weeks, even months ago? It never hurts to double-check in case something has changed, but chances are you made the right call.

– Your public presence is highlighted under the December 13th Full Moon. Bust out your best holiday cheer!

– Let loose with the December 28th New Moon. Things will come together. It’s time to take care of YOU and have some fun. Do what makes you intensely happy for a change.

Best Days: 19, 20

Tougher Days: 6, 7

Libra

Well, the holiday season is officially underway, and us Libras have a lot to feel merry about! Yep, really!

– Literally wrap up your holiday gift shopping the first week of the month if at all possible, because you’re going to want extra time for fun throughout the end of this year.

– Around the December 13th Full Moon, you’re feeling adventurous and even exotic. Thai food anyone? Or how about Cactus?

– Home is where the heart is for the December 28th New Moon. Surround yourself with your favorite people, or text, call, or send handwritten cards. Make as much of winter break as you can, because once you head back to school the workload is inevitable!

– You’re set up to have a happy, healthy start to the New Year if you follow your heart and do what you know is best for you!

Best Days: 21, 22

Tougher Days: 8, 9

Scorpio

Sad it’s not birthday month anymore? Don’t be, Scorpio! The year ahead is AMAZING for us with so much to look forward to. But first comes December:

The Good: You might be the one keeping everything afloat under this month’s Full Moon on December 13th. People will know it, too. If you get flattered, be humble.

The Bad: The month might have a rough start for us with work, life and people demanding just too much. You know those boundaries of yours? Turn them on!

Extra Tip: This month’s New Moon on December 28 is intense. Peeps could drop out of nowhere to vent on you with their drama. Listen to them. After all, darkness seeks out light, and you have tons of it right now!  

Lucky days: 23, 24, 25

So-so days: 10, 11

Sagittarius

The Sun is here, in our fiery and energetic sign. December is fun because it’s mainly ruled by us! Do you want all the scoop? Keep reading…  

The Good: Do you feel the fire running down your veins? We get a boost at the beginning of the month. Use this energy wisely! Spend it on school work

The Bad: Sorry but I am going to have to say it again. Keep your finances under control on a super-spendy month. You may be running out of your meal plan but don’t forget about CWA!!

My Advice: Love shows up for us this month too! This month’s Full Moon on December 13th brings someone who wants to pamper you. Take a moment or two to feel your blessings, Sag. Maybe your Ticker hook up will turn into something more serious.

Extra Tip: If you don´t have big plans for New Year’s Eve, keep it chill. You don’t have to party all night every year. Be safe and stay close to home if you can.

Lucky days: 26, 27

Challenging days: 12,13

Capricorn

Feeling more festive or frosty, Cappie? Time to warm up, body and soul, because this December will give you lots of reasons to smile…

– Accept the authority you have and be fair. Everything you say and do will be respected, at least the first half of the month.

– The December 13 Full Moon makes life hectic. So much to do, so little time!

– Someone is noticing you and thinks you’re really awesome, but they aren’t telling you – yet.  

– The December 28 New Moon ushers in a magical time, best spent with family and friends.

– You’re loved much more than you realize. Take that with you into the new year!

Best Days: 1-3, 28-30

Tougher Days: 14, 15

Aquarius

The astrologers here are buzzing about December’s stars! For us Aquarians…

– Do people around you seem stressed? (Final szn!!) Don’t let their energy affect you – it’s their own problem. Help if you can but don’t take on more than you can handle.

– Around the December 13 Full Moon, you may have a million things you’re dying to do, but life keeps getting in the way. Pick one thing and recruit someone who can help you.

– The December 28 New Moon may give you the break and quality private time you want and need. Have a happy start to the New Year! Use your time at home during the break to refresh for the upcoming semester!

Best Days: 4, 5, 31

Tougher Days: 17, 18

Pisces

November was a great month for a lot of Pisces and December is even better. It’s not all sweet and candy but Fish won’t have much to complain about. Here’s what you need to know:

The Good: Energetic Mars enters our sign on December 19th. Although this aspect might not be the most comfortable for us, it gives us a ton of energy. Let’s take advantage of it- stay at the Ticker until closing time!

The Bad: This month’s Full Moon on December 13th involves you in a lot of work projects, which is great, the downside is that your family and friends might feel a bit neglected. Get started on studying for finals early so that you can have a relaxing last few days with your friends before heading home for winter break.

Extra Tip: Our social life gets a boost from this month’s New Moon on December 28th. This means you could have a sensational New Year’s Eve. How fun, Fish!

Lucky days: 6, 7

Challenging days: 19, 20

These horoscope readings are taken from Horoscope.com and adapted to fit SLU life/culture)

A first year at St. Lawrence University, squash player, PCA Major from New York City.