A Letter to a Once Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

As we get older it means that our lives are changing. It’s right now that we learn who was meant to stay in our lives and who was meant to help us become the best version of ourselves. So for those who came and went, this is to you:

Photo creds: Shop Style

To a once best friend,

Thank you. Thank you for coming into my life, for making those years of my life so fun, unpredictable, and influential. Thank you for experiencing life with me in that short amount of time and for showing me what a friend can be. You taught me about a part of myself that I didn’t know before. You taught me what it is like to find yourself by losing others. You came. You left. You didn’t tell me you were going, you didn’t tell me why or when I might see you again, but I learned that on my own. I learned from you that not everyone is meant to be in our lives forever. I learned from you that we grow from our experiences. I did not know then who I wanted to be as a person, but after you left I learned about what I did not want to be. Not because of who you are, but because I discovered who I am. So go live your life. I am going to go live mine too. The world is yours, and your path is waiting. I will be on a path as well, just one in a different direction.

With love,

Me

Photo creds: Brandy Melville USA