element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Last Minute Christmas List Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

As Thanksgiving passes, the common question of “what do you want for Christmas?” comes from many family and friends. As the years go by, it seems to get harder and harder to find things to ask for because you realize the difference between needs and wants, and often ask for more practical items. I no longer ask for that Barbie dollhouse or the brand new Wii game, so I usually just end up scrolling through Pinterest to find ideas or think about what will add value to my life. Whether it be a cheap gift for a friend for Secret Santa, or a nice gift from your parents, there is indeed something out there for everyone. Here are just a few ideas that you might want to have on your list this Christmas!

DIY Christmas Cocoa Mug – Looking to not spend as much on a gift this Christmas or need something to ask for for secret santa? This is a super quick and easy gift that just about anyone can make. All you have to do is get a cute Christmas themed mug and some hot cocoa (and maybe a candy cane for some added decoration), and you have the perfect DIY gift that anyone would love.

Pom Pom Beanie – Another gift that won’t break the bank but might look like you did, this cute pom pom beanie. This beanie is especially perfect for the impending winter snow when you get back to campus. It duals as both stylish and strategic, a win-win — especially at just $13!

Charging Phone Case – Going up slightly in cost, a phone case with an included charger is an extremely practical gift. Everyone has had those times where they are out, without a charger, and their phone is about to die. In our phone obsessed generation, this is a real struggle. A charging case is a perfect fix. Apple has a cute one that comes in a few different colors and is known for being great quality. These ring in a bit pricier than your average phone case at $99.

Winter Boots – A practical addition to your Christmas list, especially when spending a majority of your winter in the north country, is a good pair of winter boots. A popular pair around campus is Sorels, although there are a ton of options. Sorels come in a variety of styles, but this particular pair are cute with fur. They are $180 but can sometimes be found on sale on websites like moosejaw.com and backcountry.com!

Winter Coat – Another practical, but a sometimes pretty pricey, Christmas gift is a warm winter coat. This are a necessity with the weather at St. Lawrence during the winter months. This style coat (Rossclair Parka) is both functional and stylish, but is definitely an investment piece and is on the pricier side at $925 (if you have a job, you could offer to your parents to pay for half with savings). There are also hundreds of other great options in all different price points, so do some research on the best choices for you and your budget. Whatever warm coat you choose to invest in, there is no doubt that it will keep you warm throughout this winter and will last you through many more!

(Photos: Etsy, Amazon, Apple, Canada Goose)