This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Do you ever think you know almost everything about St. Lawrence? Here are a few more fun facts about SLU!

Photo Creds: Kayla Schmalz

1. Carnegie Hall, which currently is home to the Study Abroad CIIS Office and classroom spaces was used as a Residence Hall in the late 70s and early 80s.

2. The SLU flag originally wasn’t striped – it was a scarlet rectangle in the middle surrounded by brown.

3. Six alumni are currently serving as sitting members of Parliament in Kenya.

4. The first intercollegiate team to represent St. Lawrence was baseball in 1888.

5. Olympia Brown, Class of 1863, was the first woman in the U.S. to be ordained as a minister.

6. Richardson, at one time, was the dining hall, residence hall, and classroom building all at once!

7. The Thelomathesian Society was founded by a first year, Vasco P. Abbott. The word Thelomathesian means “To Want to Learn.”

8. St. Lawrence has the second oldest Outing Club and the oldest standing Tri Delta house in the country.

9. President Fox is our 18th school president and was a member of the Class of 1975 as well as the President of Beta Theta Pi fraternity during his time here.

10.  The science complex was owned by Canton College until it was acquired by St. Lawrence.

Greta Massey is a sophomore at St. Lawrence University in Canton NY. She is majoring in Communications with a minor in Sports Studies. Creative writting is a passion of hers, which is something that she hopes to expand on in her future. She is currently a member of the Varsity Women's Lacrosse team as well as Delta Delta Delta sorority on campus. Outside of school she enjoys spending time with friends and family and teaching tennis in the Summer to kids. 
Kayla is Junior at St. Lawrence University, majoring in Communications and minoring in Sociology. She is a member of the Women's Lacrosse team on campus and is Vice President of Public Relations at Delta Delta Delta. She lives in Milbrook, NY where she is the 2nd oldest of four children and where her 4 doggies stay. Her role models include.. Amy Schumer. Kayla just recently got back from a semester abroad in Prague and is excited to pick up Chapter Coorespondent for Her Campus St. Law U once again!