The Do’s and Don’ts of Fall Fest

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

As most of you know, Fallfest is falling right around the corner, and so begins the annual guessing game of what to expect from this unique event.  For example, can I get sergis delivered to the pit? Why do the artists perform on a soccer field? Is Hippie Sabotage an EDM artist or a new Hot Topic clothing line? Thanks to your local SLU Her Campus writers, we hope some of your questions and concerns regarding this festivity are answered.  For your convenience, we’ve created a short list of the Do’s and Don’ts of Fallfest at St. Lawrence, written by three girls who have probably made every Don’t listed and want better for our beloved readers

The Do’s and Don’ts of Fallfest:

DO:

-Wear closed-toed shoes.  No, really. Gladiator sandals are cute, but muddy feet and blisters are definitely not.

DON’T:

-Wait too long to buy your ticket.  Tickets are sold at the student center the week of the concert, and if you wait until the day of you may find yourself waiting in a mile-long line or without a ticket at all (they do have a limit on the amount of tickets that can be sold).

DO:

-Stick with your friends.  This isn’t Gov Ball and you don’t run the risk of losing your group of friends, but the closer to the stage, the more crowded, and you may end up in a sea of sweaty strangers.  

DON’T:

-Dress like it’s week one at Coachella.  Figuring out Fallfest attire can be tricky, especially depending on the North Country weather.  Casual rompers and sundresses are often a popular choice, but be weary of the temperature the day of.  For last-minute wardrobe options, check out Isle of You in Potsdam or Luna Boutique in downtown Canton.  

DO:

-Get a ticket, even if the genre isn’t your cup of tea.  Most SLU students go to Fallfest for the experience, not just the playlist.  However, it always helps to check out the artist beforehand, because you never know what you may want to sing along to.

DON’T:

-Get transported.  Have fun and let loose, but keep in mind a ride to the hospital is definitely not the way you want to remember your Fallfest.  Stay hydrated and stick to your limits, and Fallfest will be a memorable (emphasis on the memory) start to your Fall semester.

Sophomore at St. Lawrence University