jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best of Canton’s Apple Orchards

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

The warm weather has seen its last stretch and the crisp fall air is upon us. It’s that time of year again and the apples are ripening as we speak. Up in the North Country, we are surrounded by farms and orchards, so that means many opportunities to get your share of apple picking this season. So grab your friends and go out to explore.

Parishville Center Orchard

Located 15 miles away from campus, this orchard is worth the distance. It’s a family run orchard that offers high quality picking. You can walk up and down the rows of apple trees every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm and collect your share of Honey Crisp, Cortland, Liberty and Zestar apples.

Canton Apples

Located 5 miles from campus, this spot not only has an orchard, but also a store that sells their products such as apples, cider, maple syrup, and more. The store is open Fridays from 3-6 pm and Saturdays 10 am to 5 pm. The U-pick location that is open every Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 5pm until the season is over. You can also stop by and try some of their products at the Canton Farmer’s Market.

Fobare’s Fruits

Located 5 miles from campus, this orchard is a big family attraction. Not only do they give you the opportunity to pick your own apples, they also welcome you to explore the corn maze, the pumpkin patch, and their Apple Barn market during the fall season. So if you’re looking for a place to complete all your fall activities, Fobare’s Fruits has it all.

(Photos: Hunt Real Estate, Nature Up North, Fobare’s Fruits, Pixaby)