6 Ways to Fill Your Room with Holiday Cheer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

With the holiday season approaching, it’s important to try to get in the holiday spirit as much as you can, even during this stressful time in the semester. One of the easiest ways to do so is by decorating your dorm room for the holidays. Here are a few easy hacks and DIY crafts to give your dorm room that dash of holiday spirit!

1. Hang Up Christmas Lights- Christmas lights strung around your ceiling are a perfect way to achieve that cozy, wintery glow during those late nights while you are studying, or if you’re lucky, while you are in bed watching Netflix.

2. Miniature Christmas Tree- Having a little Christmas tree in your room is one of the best ways to be constantly surrounded by the holidays! Although it may not be the real deal, it’s an easy way to make the room a little more spirited. You can use candy canes and mini ornaments to decorate it, and even put little presents for your roommate(s) under it for a little surprise!

3. Window Snowflakes- I know what you’re thinking, “how 3rd grade”, but we all know that snow is one of the best parts of the holidays, so why not bring it to your room? Make some super creative snowflakes with your friends, and hang them above your window to make your room a small winter wonderland!

4. Ornament Curtain- To add to the window decor, hang some ornaments on some pretty ribbon all along your window! This is another easy way to utilize Christmas decorations. Ornaments under $10 are not hard to find, especially at this time of year. Get creative!

1. Roommate Stockings- There’s nothing cuter then roommate stockings hanging on your wall. This can also be a fun way to leave you roommate a little gift (candy, cute notes, nail polish, etc) in their stocking and get them in the holiday spirit; it isn’t called the season of giving for nothing!

2. Door Decor- The front door is the first part of your dorm room that is seen, so show your holiday spirit on the outside too. You can use anything from wrapping paper and bows to wreaths and stockings.