This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

When the flowers begin to bloom and the sun starts to shine, something more begins to change alongside the weather. Girls… put away the winter boots and the thick sweaters and take out your ripped jeans and crop tops. When spring has sprung, fashion trends change. I want to give you some personal do’s and don’ts that I don’t take lightly, but you may if you chose! Today, girls out there are much less forgiving than they were back in the day when no one cared if you spilled vanilla ice cream on your overalls. As we head into the Spring, embrace your fashion. If you’re having trouble or need some directional guide into some of the trendier looks that all the fashion magazines are ranting about, then I am happy to assist you! Below is a basic survival guide of how to look cute and classy this spring.  

Boyfriend ripped jeans.

Light wash. Pastel colored jeans aren’t as trendy as they used to be. Instead, try the boyfriend jean with some tasteful rips on the knees. But not too many tears, you’re not the survivor of a jungle cat attack and we don’t love hearing, “Did you pay extra for those rips?” 

Fashion sneakers.

Sporty chic. It’s safe to say these babies aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. We all know there’s no where to get a good pedi here in Canton, hide those bad boys under a cute pair of vans or supergas. 

Bell sleeve tops.

Or rompers. Add a little flare to your going-out outfit! With a dramatic bell sleeve shape, I promise you heads will turn!  

Lace-up sandals.

This style is flirty, fun and playful! It can spice up any plain outfit and make a statement.  

A big comfy sweatshirt.

They never go out of style. Done and done. No questions asked, being comfortable in what you wear is the most important, especially on those colder, rainier, spring days! 

Brightly colored flats.

They make you happy when you look down at your feet. Basic science. But be careful what pants you pair it with! (And that goes for an accessory too!) Too much color can be overwhelming when trying to make a fashion statement. I personally like to wear colorful shoes with a dark wash jean to make the color pop.  

Large plaids.

Plaids have been huge for a while, and there’s a good reason for that. Oversized flannels are the way to go. They are so easy to throw on over a plain white tee or tank. Pair the oversized flannel with some light washed jeans and you’re set. If the plaid is large enough- you could even belt it! 

High neck dresses.

You can’t go wrong with a casual high neck dress with fun lace up sandals, funky sneakers, or your colorful flats! However, remember to be careful of dresses in the wind. Just. be. careful. Spandex or a slip never hurt anyone, and we all know how windy it can get in the NOCO.    

Reflective sunglasses.

Yas. 

Plain white tee and a pair of jeans.

Sometimes the best thing in the world is a white t-shirt with a pair of you favorite jeans. This look will never go out of style. Embrace it. Love it. Work it. 

Remember… never take yourself too seriously! Fashion is fun and spring is even more fun! Learn to love your clothes and be adventurous with new combos!!!!

Kayla is Junior at St. Lawrence University, majoring in Communications and minoring in Sociology. She is a member of the Women's Lacrosse team on campus and is Vice President of Public Relations at Delta Delta Delta. She lives in Milbrook, NY where she is the 2nd oldest of four children and where her 4 doggies stay. Her role models include.. Amy Schumer. Kayla just recently got back from a semester abroad in Prague and is excited to pick up Chapter Coorespondent for Her Campus St. Law U once again!