This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STCU chapter.

Disclaimer: All Greek chapters are unique in their own ways and do not all follow the same rules and values.

Dear Katie’s,

Erase everything you think you know about sororities and take the Lambda Sigma Tau oath as it is. Then ask yourself if that sounds like things you care about and if you want to be involved in what is listed.

We, the women of Lambda Sigma Tau, are united in sisterhood and have an appreciation for the companionship of others, interest in educational and leadership advancement, activity and service to our community and nation; and purpose in upholding the traditions and values of Lambda Sigma Tau. (Lambda Sigma Tau Sorority Constitution and Policies)

Plain and simple, I could live by this oath [on the daily].

I love service, it’s what I live for. I strive for leadership and educational opportunities and sharing the things and experiences I have had in my life so far. I support and encourage the advancement of women. I genuinely want the best for those around me and I want to help them in any way to reach their highest potential. Joining a sorority was a perfect fit for me.

There is so much beauty, intelligence and character in this group. We all want the best for one another and for our chapter.

Had anyone asked me a year ago whether I wanted to join a sorority, I would have laughed at them and said, “I didn’t need to pay for friends”. If someone asked me today, I would reply that this has been one of the best decisions I have made so far in college!

I had many misconceptions about sororities: from paying for your friends, to finding a perfect preppy frat boy, to holding hands together and singing kumbaya in sunshine and rainbows. That is not what greek life is like here at St. Kate’s. We work hard to make sure our oath is fulfilled by monthly events that express our values. LST has gone through so much as a chapter within the past few years and things have changed for the better. We are not only dedicated to one another as sisters but to our future sisters as well.

Photo Credits: Lambda Sigma Tau Historians

The best thing about the Lambda girls is that they accept me for who I am. I know they would do anything for me just like I would do anything for them. Joining Lambda Sigma Tau was definitely a highlight for my first year at St. Kate’s. I am so excited to share more about our chapter and Greek life by using Her Campus St. Kate’s!

I'm a small Hapa with big goals, on this journey called life, living in a place where the wind hurts my face & learning to become a professional people watcher. Peace and Love -Franceska Moua
Andrea Duarte-Alonso is a grad from Saint Catherine University where she received her bachelor's of Art in Political Science, Women's Studies, and English. She founded HC STCU in order to include voices that are hardly ever represented in media. Andrea is a storyteller, writer, and a political enthusiast. Her areas of interest lie in writing (check her website storiesfromunheardvoices.com that was created for her community), traveling, and fighting for social justice issues.