This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

Summer is just around the corner and so are music festivals! Be sure to check out what music festival you fall under here!

Glastonbury- June 22nd-26th, 2016

According to Time Out you will spot, “Ageing hippies, middle managers who work in the public sector, old-school socialists.” Set in England, you can bet that you will see Oxford and Cambridge students taking time from their sophisticated lives to the slumps of some good music and of course rain! Emma Watson was seen hanging out at Glastonbury with her then known boyfriend. If you are into soft-rock and alternative music, while with wearing Hunter rainboots then Glastonbury is for your preppy self. You most likely are super stressed with work and school, and love glooming weather.

Coachella- April 15-17 & April 22-24, 2016

You will spot the hottest celebrities such as the Kardashians and some of the cutest fashion bloggers. Coachella is for every sun-loving flower-wearing individual. If you listen to indie bands along with America’s top 40, then you are Coachellie person. You don’t mind showing off your long legs  or your rocking forearms and jumping on the Coachella bandwagon. But that’s not a bad thing since Coachella is one of the best festivals and very much like a modern day Woodstock aka you are a fashionista hippie.

Tomorrowland- July 22nd-24th, 2016

Tomorrowland is basically Electric Daisy Carnival but on steroids. It was established way before EDC in Belgium. Because Tomorrowland’s reputation has grown throughout the years including these amazing EDM lovers from around the world, they have expanded to sunny Brazil and in the grassy lands of Georgia. This is for those that love anything to do with peace, love, unity and respect. You enjoy EDM, but not the stereotypes that come with it. You most likely don’t care about what you wear or how you act, you are just overall super kind to others.  

EDC- New York Dates: May 14-15, 2016 & Las Vegas Dates: June 17th-19th, 2016

EDC originally started in Los Angeles before the crazy scandal therefore moving their stomping grounds to the heart of drugs, sex and sin called Las Vegas. Also known for the Hangover series. Now EDC is for the mainstream loving EDM lovers out there. You most likely enjoy taking molly and showing all your goodies to others (which isn’t a bad thing. You do you) Guys can be spotted with Active socks and an American flag banana while the ladies with neon colored lingerie.

Lollapalooza- July 28th-31st, 2016

This is for the 90’s born rock and roll lovers across the world with bands such as Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Foo Fighters, and more. Set in Chicago, this was created in 1991 by Jane’s Addiction singer Perry Farrell. Now Lollapalooza is for everyone I believe, it’s for parents who want to fulfill their dreams of seeing bands from back in their day who bring their kids, to the social media lover, and even to the stoners. 

Reza Moreno

St. John's

I am 19 years old from Southern Califronia currently a student at St. John's University. I love writing about fashion and sports. My hobbies include designing clothes, writing poems, and reading!
Contributor Account