nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Treat Yo Self ( Seriously)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Edward's chapter.

Each person has their own hectic busy life, from Moms, Students, Full-time workers, and everyone in between. Most of the time we get so consumed by our own schedule that we don’t take time for ourselves to rejuvenate and de-stress. I forget this all too often, being a full time student, working, and trying to do a million other things. More recently I decided to take an evening to myself and simply take a bath and read a book by my favorite author. This was an amazing reward! I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed and rejuvenated just because I took a few hours to tend to myself. So, I wanted to talk about how important is it to take care of yourself from time to time.

Baths!

Baths are definitely a great way to relax and reflect on your day. There are so many varieties of bath bombs nowadays as well as you have Epsom salts that have various relaxation properties. I would also suggest going the extra mile and getting some candles lit around the tub as well as putting on some relaxing music. I find that this is a great way to relax without taking a lot of time from your day.

Favorite Hobby

Maybe try and see if you can fit doing 30 mins of your favorite hobby into your week, this is a great stress release. As well as you will be doing something you enjoy, so you will not only be less stressed but also much happier! Try to read your favorite book for 30 mins a week or go play a sport or anything that you enjoy doing during your free time.

Meditation

This may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but meditation is great for relaxing and grounding yourself after a stressful week. You can meditate in a quiet place of your choice or I like to go to yoga where meditation takes place in the beginning and end of class depending on where you go. Taking about 10-15 mins just to clear your mind, take some deep breaths and think about everything you’ve done and you have to do. For me, I think it’s a great way to organize my thoughts and relax my body!