Surviving the Last Month of School, as told by The Office

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Edward's chapter.

Spring flowers are blooming, the sun is shining, and studying is growing increasingly tedious as we are approaching the end of the school year. Everyone wants to frolic across our pretty campus but instead we’re trying to survive one more month of exams and final projects. April seems glorious from a glance, but in reality, it is a time created to torture college students right before they are freed for the summer. Here are a few ways we’re struggling this last month of the semester, as told by the characters from The Office.

1. The warm April weather makes you dream of summer.

Walking to class in the warm sunshine is so much better than cold, winter wind, but then it hits you: you’re still walking to class. The weekends and afternoons spent outside only make you more excited for summer. Everyone is ready to replace the books with the beach.

2. All of the group project deadlines are coming…whether you’re ready or not.

Procrastination is easy enough on your own. Who thought adding more college students to the mix would be a good idea? All of the final projects, films, and presentations that have been pushed to the back of our to-do lists have to get done, whether the rest of the group likes it or not.

3. Your money is literally disappearing.

Somehow, your bank account is looking sadder and sadder from all the places you’ve eaten and absolutely necessary purchases you’ve made throughout the school year. It’s definitely time for a summer job.

4. You’re questioning if college is even for you.

The final month is stressful—so stressful that you might find yourself questioning every decision you’ve ever made. Ever. Thankfully, this is the last stretch! Don’t give up now. Besides, what would you do with all the useful stuff you’ve learned?

5. You’re cramming everything in last minute.

On top of your regular class load, you now have essays, exams, and projects to complete. You want to find time for the gym, too, because it’s almost summer, and you want to hang out with friends before you leave for three months. Suddenly, there’s not enough time in the day to get everything done and you find yourself relying on caffeine for survival.

6. As stressed out as you may be, you’re savoring the bittersweet end of the year.

Soon, you’ll be saying goodbye to your friends for the summer and you’ll be another year closer to graduation. Yes, the last month is tough, but we all know the late nights and hard work will pay off. Enjoy April, even if it kills you. 

St. Edward's University English Writing and Rhetoric MajorWicked Wild Austin, Texas ResidentSorin Oak Poetry Review Board MemberCoffee EnthusiastHopeful Traveler, Writer, Risk TakerArtist 
Taylor Duane

St Edward's