Why the lib should get more <3

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

1.       This may be slightly out-there, but the lib is amazing. It has been frequented once or twice by myself as a cavernous, tropical, airing cupboard. My flat is inevitably just above freezing – not particularly helped by the fact that my flatmate smashed the window next to my room – ergo my clothes never dry. (Obviously, the tumble drier doesn’t work either). As a consequence, I may just where damp clothes to the library in order for them to dry naturally. This way your skinny jeans will fit perfectly!

2.       There is a 24 hour supply of cheap food and drink. Also if it’s just loose change you’re spending, the money doesn’t really count. Plus if it’s at a bake sale – you are almost definitely supporting a good cause. Baked goods. Check. Clean conscious. Check. What’s not to love?

3.       It’s a good place to stalk. Lots of pretty people frequent the lib. Enough said.

Will you find your prince among the books?

4.       The fast internet. The internet is a beautiful thing. I can’t be the only one who gets slightly angsty when there is no Wi-Fi nearby. Especially in conjunction with a lack of phone service currently in St Andrews. I have friends who basically live in the library for the first couple of months of uni because they haven’t managed to sort out a proper internet connection.

5.       It’s a good place to meet up with friends. It’s the perfect place to complain about work, professors and that really annoying and obnoxious girl in your tutorial… Although Gossips beware – the person you are bitching/swooning over is inevitably right behind you, or one of their friends are. And not everyone wants to know about the fact that you threw up lasagne and left over dervish in your girlfriend’s bed.

6.       It has fun slogans and campaigns. I like that it reminded me not to drink in the library. 

Freya Liddell

St. Andrews

3rd Year History student at St Andrews