This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

This week’s campus cutie is Tushaar Carvalho, who is a first year studying a joint honours degree in Economics and Psychology. Tushaar is taking social anthropology as his third module, but tells me that psychology is by far his favourite as he finds it a particularly interesting field. Tushaar lives in Mumbai, India and has really enjoyed his first year in sunny Scotland, and cannot quite believe that it is all nearly over. Tushaar has spent his first year living in DRA which he has loved, claiming that the accommodation could definitely be considered as luxury!

I asked Tushaar what first drew him to St Andrews and he replied that he always wanted to study in the United Kingdom and particularly wanted a small close knit university atmosphere. Tushaar made clear that he by far preferred Scotland over England (perhaps having something to do with not being offered a place at a certain southern university!) However what was Oxford’s loss became St Andrew’s gain and clearly Scotland was the lucky one too! Tushaar’s spare time is mostly taken up by the St Andrews rugby team for which Tushaar plays the position of flanker. Like many a Campus Cutie Tushaar also likes to play video games in his spare time as a good way to relax and unwind. At the moment Tushaar does not have any set plans for summer, hoping to spend time working in both London and Oxford, mixing between carrying out an internship at a marketing firm in the city and working for his family who are located in Oxford. However he does have firm plans to return to Mumbai in July, before coming back in September to begin second year

Tushaar’s rapid fire:

Where is your favourite place to go out in St Andrews? The Vic

Where is your favourite place to eat?  Rocca Deli on Bell Street, the Sandwiches are four pounds and delicious!

Where is your favourite place to hang out? DRA, of course!    

Hannah is a 4th year student of English Literature and Art History at the University of St Andrews.