Style Blog: Don’t Walk

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

Fashion show season at St Andrews officially closes tonight with Don’t Walk, the most artistic of the shows with its emphasis on clothing which is not necessarily aesthetically pleasing, but inspires emotion and meaning in its wearers and spectators. The show’s artistic vision makes it difficult for guests attending the show and/ or after party to work out the dress code, wanting to look a little bit different from everyone else to express their own feeling and personality, while also sticking to the dresses and heels rule of most black tie events. Caitlin Soulsby (also our campus cutie this week!) manages this very well by embracing her Scottish roots in a tartan midi pencil skirt from Zara (last season’s love of plaid still intact), a velvet top and little black ankle boots. A lover of jewellery and beauty products, she finishes off her look with a chunky gold necklace from H&M and a dash of her signature Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick in Gabrielle.