This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

Last week the streets of St Andrews were buzzing with talk of ‘The St Andrews Charity Fashion Show.’ The principal aims of FS are to raise money for worthwhile charities, including this year fundraising towards the University’s ‘Wardlaw Scholarship’, and to showcase up-and-coming design talent on its catwalk. Unfortunately, I did not manage to get a ticket to FS 2013, but took pictures of my friends in their dresses and heels before they hit up Sallie’s Quad, their outfits alone proving just how much of a high-class event FS is.

The following morning, I interviewed a couple of FS attendees about their experiences of the show, their faces pale with exhaustion from dancing until the early hours at ‘White Space’ (FS’ after-party), but eyes still glimmering from the excitement of the evening. Both Helena Jacques-Morgan and Lucy Fellows said that their favourite part of the show was the dramatic opening, during which the female models walked down the catwalk in black dresses, the male models in jeans, all with faces concealed by black hoods. As they reached the end of the catwalk, the models ripped off their hoods, revealing their identities to the audience. Judging from their reviews and the general publicity surrounding FS, Vogue deeming it ‘a key event on Scotland’s social calendar’, I think we can all agree that attending the show at least once during our university life is a must for us St Andreans.

India Seaton wears a black dress from Urban Outfitters cinched at the waist with a gold belt, her laced boots by Jeffrey Campbell and Tiffany & Co. necklace completing her red-carpet look. India adheres to this season’s boot obsession, a comfortable yet stylish alternative to the classic high heel shoe. Photographed in University Hall’s West Common Room, posing at a height several inches above me, India was definitely ready to join the crowd of chic St Andreans attending the town’s most- talked- about student event of the year. India is a fresher studying Theology and Biblical Studies, and helped organise last semester’s ‘Bongo Ball’, a ‘Xavier Project’ event which had students queuing for hours in the cold to secure their tickets. 

Hannah is a 4th year student of English Literature and Art History at the University of St Andrews.