Freya’s DIY Clipboard

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

We all have that friend, to quote Beyoncé, who is able to ‘run the world’, with their tentacles  extending into all those elusive committee positions, combined with amazing grades and somehow even has time to exercise. How is that even possible? Especially when all you have managed to achieve is to watch the same episode of the Big Bang Theory three times in one day. Or to quote one of these annoying overachievers ‘I run my empire from my bed, and get Freya to run around and do my bidding’.  Maybe she should do some more exercise.  This is the perfect present for the super organised in our life, or alternatively your favourite Geography/Sustainable Development student. My naïve impression is that they spend most of their time with clipboards plodding around the golf course or pretending to look at rocks on East sands. Go have fun playing around with glue.

What you will need:

• A clipboard (available at Rymans)
  • Wrapping paper
  • Ribbon
  • glue

Firstly use the clipboard as a stencil and cut out from the wrapping paper. Apply glue to the back of the paper and stick onto the clipboard. Having done this, also apply glue to the top, for a glazed look. If in doubt, just keep adding more glue!

Repeat this process for the front.

If you are feeling more adventurous, use different types of wrapping paper and mix and match.

Finally attach a ribbon to the clip. And voila, Go run the world!

Freya Liddell

St. Andrews

3rd Year History student at St Andrews
Hannah is a 4th year student of English Literature and Art History at the University of St Andrews.