Eggs-xcellent ideas for Easter Decorations!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

It is a little known secret that Easter eggs were not actually part of the original Easter story, but were chosen as a symbol of new life. However, seeing as painting crosses is a little bit dark, here are some eggs-xcellent ideas to brighten up your Easter table!

One simple idea that will make your Easter table blossom is with small flower arrangements carefully placed inside hollowed-out coloured eggshells. The unique Easter vases can be simply made, beginning with dyeing the eggs in arrangements of pastel colours (see below). After drying break the egg at the tip of its shell and drain the yolk out. Then fill the empty half shell with water and place in a small egg cup, complete by placing inside your favourite Easter blossoms for a beautiful touch of spring!     

For Colouring:

GreyBegin by mixing one cup of frozen blueberries with one cup of water and then bring to room temperature and remove the blueberries.  

BlueCut ¼ of red cabbage into small chunks and then add four cups of boiled water. Cut 1/4 head Add two tablespoons of vinegar and then let the mixture cool.

GreenBegin by peeling the skin from 6 red onions and simmer in two cups water for fifteen minutes, then strain the mixture and finish by adding 3 teaspoons of white vinegar.