The Boys of 63 Hepburn Gardens

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

This week on Campus Cutie you get a four for one deal. We present to you the boys of 63 Hepburn Gardens: Alastair Maclachlan, Jean-Luc Gentilli, Joe Marchbank, and Kunal Mandalia.

Year:All are currently in 2nd  year

Hometown:Alastair, Jean-Luc, and Joe are all originally from London, and Kunal is from Wilmslow.

Major:
Alastair – International Relations
Jean-Luc – French and Spanish
Joe – English
Kunal – Computer Science

Extracurricular Activities:
Alastair – Golfing, playing squash, and bartending at the Union
Jean-Luc – Gardening
Joe – Golfing
Kunal – Playing football

House activities are a big part of their life, and watching Arsenal play is the biggest and most important of these communal activities. They haven’t missed a match all year. When not watching Arsenal they like to play football in their backyard or in the street. Occasionally they substitute a Frisbee in for the football. They take ‘cultural coastal trips’ to the Anstruther Fish Bar. They are planning on breaking out the barbecue once it warms up a little more, and they are known to have house hog roasts in suits and ties.

Here are a few more fun facts about the boys. Kunal and Jean-Luc both claim to be the best cook in the house. Alastair is generally acknowledged to be the worst. They are extremely proud of their sound system, and say that it rivals the sound system at the Lizard. (I heartily agree with this statement; being their neighbor, I get to be privy to all of their musical choices.) I’ll leave you with the revelation that Jean-Luc is a triplet. 

Hannah is a 4th year student of English Literature and Art History at the University of St Andrews.