Bibi’s Cafe: A Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

Bibi’s Café: A review

by Steph Minto 

Tucked away on Ellice place, off North Street, you’ll find the best hot chocolate St Andrews has to offer. Cream, marshmallows, chocolate buttons and Maltesers collectively top off this masterpiece. Bibi’s Ultimate Hot Chocolate is certainly worth visiting for.

Despite being a fairly large franchise now, having shops in Edinburgh and Glasgow, the Café manages to create a cosy and friendly atmosphere. The staff are super friendly and know the extensive menu inside out, the simple and packed seating helps to generate a buzz and the décor is cute, comprising of girly pastel colours and gorgeous chandeliers. Despite this however, I have known the café to be popular amongst female and male students.

Back to the menu, for a reasonably small café, the menu is impressive. From breakfasts of blueberry pancaked with bacon and syrup, lunch options including a long list of Panini’s ( a personal favourite being the Pastrami, goats cheese and pesto) and classic salads and traditional café favourites from the cake list including tiffin, lemon cakes, rocky roads and the homemade scones, which are to die for, there really is something for everybody and for any occasion here.  Famous for their cupcakes, these do not disappoint either. Oreo, Smartie, Turkish delight, the list could go on describing their delicious selection. With till service or table service, which can sometimes be a little slow I’ll admit, the wonderful selection of cakes and hot drinks are available to take away and enjoy on the go too. As if this wasn’t enough for a small café, they also offer evening catering for 25-40 people with a bring your own bottle deal. This is perfect for birthday, club and society dinners.

All in all, I rate Bibi’s café a 4.5 out of 5 and believe it is a loved student hangout within St Andrews.

Their Facebook page:

Opening hours: 9:30am-5pm (11am-5pm on Sunday)

Freya Liddell

St. Andrews

3rd Year History student at St Andrews