5 Fun and Fresh Recipes to Mix Up Your Dinner Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

1. Crunchy Thai Salad with Creamy Peanut Dressing

Crisp, satisfying and full of nutrients! This crunchy Thai salad tossed in a creamy peanut dressing will be your new salad addiction. Each bite contains a powerhouse of fresh superfoods and a peanut flavor punch to match.

Reviewer Chris said, “I made this salad for dinner last night and it was absolutely delicious! Three of us devoured it; not even a shred of cabbage left in the bowl.”

Recipe found here.

2. Grilled Peach and Sweet Potato Salad with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette

Serve this warm or cold, it’s the perfect complement to a nice roasted chicken and veggies. The sweetness of the peaches will brighten up any long day of studying in the library, and make dinner a lovely reward for all your hard work!

Reviewer Alison said, “This flavor combo is unreal! Beautiful for summer. Xo.”

Recipe found here

3. Italian Braised Pork

Martha Stewart is a TV icon, cooking legend, and once incarcerated celebrity, but her new book Slow Cooker is brimming with delicious recipes to enjoy throughout autumn and winter. This Italian Braised Pork hits all the right savory notes and will be perfect for a cozy night in.

Reviewer Marie said, “The result is honestly spectacular. The pork was amazingly tender and the sauce was rich in flavors without being heavy. I served it as recommended with some polenta and everyone asked for second.”

Recipe found here.

4. Maple Crusted Salmon

This super simple salmon recipe from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen is one you’ll be digging into time and time again. It’s simple enough for fast dinners but so stunningly tasty you’ll be eager to share it for special occasions too.

Reviewer Laura said, “That maple crust is everything! Salmon has never looked better!”

Recipe found here.

5. Sweet Potato Chick Pea Buddha Bowl

Treat your taste buds to this healthy bowl of goodness, packed with healthy proteins and fiber. This bowl is warm, subtly spiced, and seriously healthy, the perfect combination for a comforting meal with friends.

Reviewer Katrina said, “Big bowls of food are where it’s at. This sounds incredible!”

Recipe found here.

Have fun in the kitchen!

Hi I'm Margaret Crawford and I grew up in Dallas, Texas before venturing to St. Andrews for university to read, write, learn, and travel.
Jenny Yau

St. Andrews

I'm Jenny Yau, 19 and from Hong Kong. Reading, writing poetry and watching tv are my main obsessions. I am sometimes mistaken for a hermit, but I'm friendly once you get to know me :p