Love The Skin You’re In

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Spelman chapter.

Beautiful skin is the reflection of overall wellness, and understanding your skin type is key! Spring break is right around the corner and beside you getting your body in-shape, are you making sure that skin is reflecting your true beauty? Caring for your skin means understanding your skin type and the right kind of products to complement your complexion.

Before treating your skin, you must determine what your skin type is on a daily basis. Here is basic method you can try to determine your type of skin:

1st:   wash your face and gently pat skin dry.

2nd: leave your face alone for few alone for a few hours without putting on make-up or any products.

3rd: By using oil blotting paper or by tearing a piece of 2ply paper towel apart and using one piece to dab different areas of the your face.

4th: After look at the paper to see which areas leave an oily residue on the paper (if any).

It’s important to realize that different areas of the face such as the nose and forehead are naturally a little oily. 

Then after you can refer to the chart below. This chart can help you distinguish your skin type and what kind of products can help smooth, soften, or better cleanse your skin!  

Remember, skin types can change so you may need to update your routine at some point in your life. Stress and hormonal changes can also affect your skin. Plus, you may need different skin products during your menstrual cycle or during different seasons. Time and patience is key so stick to a regiment for you!

Be Beautiful, Be Sweet, and Be One of a Kind

http://www.healthcentral.com/common/includes/guides/guides/skin-care/Ski…

Endia Hayes is a junior, Sociology and Anthropology major at the illustrious Spelman College. An aspiring college professor with hopes on earning her PH.D. in Sociology, Endia is a scholar activist and UNCF Mellon Mays Fellow who believes that through education anyone can change the world. If you see or know of an issue, take a stand because the world will continue to turn with or without your impact. She loves all types of music, however, she is convinced Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong are the best duo of all time. Les Miserables is the absolute BEST musical and no one can convince her otherwise.I am not longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept ~ Angela Davis