40 Pictures of Spelmanites on Class Day and Commencement Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Spelman chapter.

Congratulations to my PHENOMENAL Spelman sisters! This article was inspired by this BuzzFeed article

When you know you’re going to change the world through medicine. 

When you can FINALLY call yourself an Alumna!

When you graduate wearing author and anthropologist Zora Neale Hurston’s Commencement Robe on Commencement Day. Read more here.

When your family supports you to NO end!

When your brother Morehouse C’2008 is proud of you graduating from Spelman C’2015

When you’re excited to FINALLY be able to walk ON the grass and THROUGH the Spelman arch. 

When you’re the Senior Class President (LEFT) and Student Government Association President (RIGHT)

When your whole crew MELANIN on fleek!

When your supporters MAKE YOU TEAR UP.

When the eager Spelmanites you entered Spelman with squad up in the fresh[wo]man dorm you all lived in – HH 

When the Valdedictorian and Salutatorian both has their degrees in Comparative Women’s Studies!

When you know you just graduated from the #1 HBCU–YAAAAAASSSSSSSS!

When your college President, Dr. Beverly Daniel Tatum raises 157.8 million dollars and then decides she’s retiring :(

When your day one Spelman sisters get together for one last TRILL pose.

When your alumnae pin comes in.

When it’s been real and you’re excited for the NEXT chapter of your life.

When it feels too good to be true.

When you want the world to know EXACTLY which HBCU you attended.

When your feet hurt and your daddy carries you the rest of the way.

When you SET the example for your siblings.

When you want the world to watch you WHIP, WHIP

When you and your Clark Atlanta sister MAKE IT!

When you get ENGAGED on commencement day -insert heart eyes emoji- congratulations Adeerya Johnson!

conGRADulations Spelman College C’2015!

Be Excellent! 

Danyelle Carter has always been excited about building beneficial relationships, sharing stories and managing her best self. She is an aspiring publicist majoring in Comparative Women's Studies at her dream school, the illustrious Spelman College in Atlanta, GA. She chose to continue her education at Spelman after graduating summa cum laude from Miami Dade College with a joint associate degree in Mass Communications and Journalism. Currently a junior at Spelman, Danyelle hopes to bring contemporary perspectives to commercial appeal by pursuing entrepreneurship of owning her own firm. If you ask her what her aspirations are, her eyes would light up, her smile would widen and she would squeal: "to be the Communicator-in-Chief of my own PR/Social Interaction agency!"