USC Fashion Series: Elyse Pellegrino, Fashion Blogger

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Meet our next feature in our USC fashion mini series, Elyse Pellegrino. Elyse is a first-year sports and entertainment management student and fashion blogger. Check out her ah-mazing blog, Alis Chic for fashion tips and outfit ideas.

Her Campus South Carolina: What inspired the name of your blog?

Elyse Pellegrino: My blog name is Alis Chic. It came from my name misspelled on a Starbucks cup. I thought it was fun and it being my first coffee made me feel grown up, as I was starting a new chapter in my life.

HCSC: What inspires you?

EP: Being unique and trying new things to figure out who you are or what you want out of life.

HCSC: How does online design classes benefit you?

EP: Parsons x Teen Vogue is a fashion program online, it is taught by Teen Vogue employees and Parsons teacher to help those at home earn a fashion certification. It teaches students about different fields within the fashion industry.  

HCSC: Do you have any professional retail, blogging, or designing experience?

EP: I have worked at Alex and Ani and Francesca’s. I have blogged for College Fashionista as well as taking a design class at the Fashion Institute of Technology.

HCSC: What does fashion mean to you?

EP: It is something to get lost in that can eventually help you find what you want to be.

HCSC: What helpful tips do you have for for starting a blog?

EP: Everyone starts from somewhere, a favorite quote of mine has been, “Rome wasn’t built in a day.” Don’t be afraid to experiment.  

Follow Elyse on social:

Instagram/Twitter: Elyse_Paris

Blog:  Alischic.com

Reilly Tuccinard

South Carolina

Reilly Tuccinard is a University of South Carolina graduate with a love of writing, reading and learning. After spending two years as the Beauty Editor for Her Campus Media and the Editor-in-Chief of HC South Carolina, she is focusing on a career in creative strategy. Friends will tell you she's a a self-proclaimed Grey's Anatomy addict, she can't just watch a movie once and she is a firm believer in anything and everything chocolate.