This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Source

I noticed a fab new style trend in an email a little over a month ago and knew immediately pins and patches were going to blow up. A friend messaged me yesterday saying, “OMG! How did you know? You called this!” along with a picture of some patches next to an Express register. To be honest with the trends that have been circling, I’m expecting the entire 90’s era to make a come back and I don’t really mind. With this specific trend you get to create something unique! You choose the pins, you choose the patches and you choose the jacket, hat or jeans to stick them on. The possibilities are endless, but try these on for size”

I Came To Break Hearts

Source

These pins fall in line with my favorite mantra, “Stay sassy, classy, and a little bad ass-y!” So cute and so small, they’re on my vintage denim jacket as we speak. Express is always on their A game.

Give ‘Em Hell

Flaunt this patch on the back of a jacket the way a pinklady from Grease would! Seriously, live your life with this saying because if you’re speaking your mind and following your dreams, you’re most likely giving someone hell and that’s okay! Go get ’em, killer.

Always Tired

Source

… because isn’t that the truth?! I love naps and I say that loud and proud. Urban Outfitters just gets me.

Vibin’

Source

Wear this around everywhere you go to avoid debbie downers! Thanks for stayin’ on the brightside Tillys!

Just Patchy Bomber Jacket

Source

If you’re feelin’ a little bit lazy, which I do more than half of the time, this jacket will save you the step of attaching patches to your jacket. Seriously, the patches have already been applied to this bad boy. No work needed unless you wanted to add say, your favorite pizza pin? You can share this pin with your bestie because friends who eat pizza together, stay together of course.

Tag us in your trendy photos using the handle @hcsouthcarolina and you could be featured on our site! Style on, collegiates. 

Katie Kinslow

South Carolina

Communicator, award-winning time waster, avid Cheez-it eater, Pinterest zombie, Halloween enthusiast, passionate writer, and shopoholic who probably needs professional help. 
SC Contributor

South Carolina