Top 10 Women on Instagram You Need to Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

With social media growing at a rapid pace, many women have used platforms, like Instagram, to represent themselves and sometimes their brands. The ten women listed below have all gained instant popularity through inspiring others and sharing their awesome pictures. Take a look!

1. Julia Engel

With well over a million followers, Julia Engel has defined beauty and glam in her own terms. With the help of her photographer husband, Thomas, she has been able to create a style empire. Each post features Julia wearing articles of clothing and accessories that have been uploaded to her personal blog where people can shop for the same or similar items (often at a discounted price). So hit that follow button, and start shopping!

2. Peyton Ganus

Peyton Ganus is the epitome of beauty and grace. From her adorable family, to the running of her own online boutique, Peyton has definitely proved to be one of the most ambitious women on Instagram. As if her life couldn’t be any more perfect, her and her husband, Jake, are expecting a baby in May! Watch this beautiful family grow by clicking the follow button!

3. Hailey Devine

Hailey Devine can be summed up in one word: amazing. With her two beautiful daughters in tow, Hailey and her husband, Bradley, travel the world as videographers. After following, we suggest taking a peek at their website for a closer look into their travels and the incredible videos they produce.

4. Lauren Akins

our happy (& tired, but mostly happy) little family (puppies not pictured but they’re happy too)

A post shared by Lauren Akins (@laur_akins) on

(In case you aren’t aware of one of the cutest couples ever…) Lauren Akins is the wife of country music star Thomas Rhett. He became an instant hit after his song, “Die A Happy Man”, debuted, and it is all about Lauren. That’s when the world was first introduced to this beautiful couple, and since then the admiration has only gotten stronger. After adopting their first daughter, Willa, in May, Lauren gave birth to their second daughter, Ada, in August. Follow Lauren for the daily life of the Akins family though the lens.

5. Joanna Gaines

Being unfamiliar with Joanna Gaines is like being unfamiliar with Santa Claus! The devoted wife, mother, business owner, and designer first made a name for herself on HGTV, where Joanna and her husband, Chip Gaines, gained instant popularity for their lovable demeanor and exquisite taste in home décor. Although their show is currently on its last season, the world has not yet seen the end of this power family. With a home design line coming to Target, and their Magnolia store still thriving, the Gaines family will never be out of reach (especially if you follow)!

6. Olivia Beth Gochnour

Exploring the Oregon Coast with the fam.

A post shared by olivia beth gochnour (@oliviabeth) on

Pure beauty is seen through Olivia Gochnour’s eyes. As a wife and expecting mother, Olivia balances it all. While holding eight different jobs, she still finds time to blog and share pieces of her life with the world through her personal and professional Instagram accounts. Olivia’s professional account was first created to share all the unique food choices in Utah, which soon became a huge hit. This account lands her complimentary food at each restaurant she features. Despite her clear tenacity for hard work, what really sets Olivia a part is her genuine heart. Follow Olivia not just for cute baby pics in the future, but also for her colorful perspective on life!

7. Brittany Massey

Although her Instagram bio pretty much says it all, Brittany Massey embodies perfection. As mother to some of the cutest red-headed kids you will ever see and her faith-filled lifestyle, Brittany will surely hold a special spot on anyone’s Insta feed. Follow her for a weekly reminder of how cute a family can be!

8. Mona-Jane 

Mona-Jane is a wife and mother living in Hawaii. If the idea of motherhood being boring is ever questioned, Mona answers that with a clear and concise “no”. As seen on her Insta feed she stays incredibly active, even with her son strapped happily around her. In need of some fitspo or pictures of beautiful Hawaiian scenery? Follow Mona-Jane!

9. Laura Lacquer

My pumpkins

A post shared by lauralacquer (@lauralacquer) on

Is anyone looking for the ultimate real life super woman? It’s Laura Lacquer. Both her and her husband graduated from Harvard Med School and are now medical residents, while also caring for three beautiful daughters. Ready for some serious work and family life inspo? Follow Laura and check out her blog while you’re at it!

10. Sophia Bush

We all remember her as Brooke Davis from the beloved TV show, One Tree Hill. In many ways Sophia still personifies a little bit of Brooke today. As stated in her bio, Sophia has become an ever-present activist. With several of her posts highlighting key issues throughout the world, Sophia is the perfect follow for anyone who likes to stay active on recent issues in politics and beyond.

While many other women have some amazing Instagram accounts, these ten women have caught the eyes of millions. Their passions have led them to do great things, which have led to even greater opportunities. Follow each of these women to gain the inspiration every Instagram feed, and woman, deserves!