samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Page Buckman and the Carolina Agency

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Finding an internship is HARD. Finding an internship with a company that is in your field and aligns with your goals is even harder. What is there was an option right here on campus that could be the perfect fit for you? The Carolina Agency is an agency right here on campus, based out of the journalism school, that gives USC students real experience. We asked Page Buckman, a member of the agency and a junior PR major, for more info:

Her Campus South Carolina: What is The Carolina Agency?

Page Buckman: The Carolina Agency is a student run PR agency that helps real clients in the community with branding, promotions, campaigns, and more.

HCSC: What do you do with them?

PB: I help the internal team run social media accounts and manage the PR for TCA itself. I also am on the Darla Moore Masters of HR team, so I’m helping the business school on campus promote their Masters of HR program.

HCSC: How did you find out about The Carolina Agency?

PB: I work in the Student Services Office in the Journalism school, so one day one of my co-workers asked me to make a list of everyone who had applied to be on the team, which is what got me thinking that I should apply.

HCSC: How can someone join The Carolina Agency?

PB: They talk to Dr. Ranta either by email or going to his office. Make sure you meet the requirements!

HCSC: What is your favorite part about The Carolina Agency?

PB: I like that we can get to see what being in an agency really is like, while also gaining class credit and learning a lot.

You can find out even more about The Carolina Agency by visiting their page on the University of South Carolina School of Journalism and Mass Communications website or by visiting the TCA website

Don’t forget to follow them on social media:

Insta: @TheCarolinaAgency

Twitter: @tca_uofsc

LinkedIn: The Carolina Agency

Facebook: The Carolina Agency

Alex is a Public Relations major at the University of South Carolina. She is an avid napper, a lover of guacamole and an Office enthusiast.
Reilly Tuccinard

South Carolina

Reilly Tuccinard is a University of South Carolina graduate with a love of writing, reading and learning. After spending two years as the Beauty Editor for Her Campus Media and the Editor-in-Chief of HC South Carolina, she is focusing on a career in creative strategy. Friends will tell you she's a a self-proclaimed Grey's Anatomy addict, she can't just watch a movie once and she is a firm believer in anything and everything chocolate.