This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

The holiday season is upon us, and that means presents and parties! It can be hard to keep up with all the latest trends, so we put together a list of some of this season’s hottest looks!

1. Textures are HUGE this winter! Suede and velvet have made a comeback, and they are everywhere. Suede skirts and velvet dresses are perfect for your winter closet. 

2. The colder weather means dark lipstick is back in! This winter’s makeup is very grunge. Dark plums are purples are everywhere, and even black! But, don’t be intimidated! There is a dark lip out there for everyone. Our tip: make sure to use a lip liner to make your lipstick stay longer and have cleaner lines!

3. Two piece dresses are still all the rage! You can find this style combined with another hot trend: midi skirts. You can try this look in a more casual outfit for a family party or go for a sexy two piece NYE outfit.

4. Good news for us “Girly Girls:” sequins are back, and they’re not just for NYE this year! You can find sequin dresses, skirts, and tops everywhere you look this season. Who doesn’t love to sparkle?!

5. (Faux) fur is everywhere! This trend keeps you warm and looking hot! Try a fur vest, or a cardigan with fur lining! 

Have fun incorporating some of these trends into your winter closet Collegiettes! 

Emily Entwistle

South Carolina

Sophomore at the University of South Carolina. Advertising major and a Chi Omega. Obsessions: makeup, pugs, netflix and food. 
Kristina Zagame

South Carolina

Born and raised right outside the great city of Boston. Senior at the University of South Carolina. Major: Broadcast Journalism. Minor: Sport and Entertainment Management. Interests include traveling, storytelling, and trying to squeeze in naps. Biggest pet peeve: being told, "no." Instagram & Twitter: @kzagame GO COCKS!