Matthew McConaughey is SC Bound

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Matthew McConaughey is hands down one of my favorite actors, and South Carolina is coincidentally one of my favorite states. So when I heard that Matthew is moving to the Greenville area, I couldn’t contain my excitement.

That’s right. McConaughey, who currently resides in Los Angeles, is headed to the Palmetto State that many of us call home. Just a few days ago, he confessed in a magazine interview that he is tired of the hectic lifestyle and fake people that reside in the Los Angeles area, adding that he wanted to move somewhere where the people were more friendly.

So why Greenville? He said he’s been to the area several times and always felt very welcomed there. I know I can relate because that’s exactly how I felt when I moved to South Carolina. Good choice, Matthew.

He also made a point to clarify that he is not retiring from acting. Thank goodness. None of us want that day to come any time soon!

Sara is a freshman Print Journalism major at the University of South Carolina. She hopes to pursue a career as a sports writer after graduation. Unhealthy obsessions include: Urban Decay products, the Carolina Panthers, and overanalyzing the Bachelor.
Kristina Zagame

South Carolina

Born and raised right outside the great city of Boston. Senior at the University of South Carolina. Major: Broadcast Journalism. Minor: Sport and Entertainment Management. Interests include traveling, storytelling, and trying to squeeze in naps. Biggest pet peeve: being told, "no." Instagram & Twitter: @kzagame GO COCKS!