Kendall & Kylie Debuted Their RTW Line at NYFW, & It’s Amazing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Kendall and Kylie Jenner showcased their ready-to-wear line during last week’s New York Fashion Week events and it was fabulous. The style is centered around athleisure, but in a refreshing way for Fall 2017. So far we’ve seen a strong resurrection in bomber jackets, mesh leggings, Adidas everything, and sports bras for everyday wear. Athleisure has very much so been about comfort over fashion. However, Kendall and Kylie’s new line is giving athleisure a feminine touch with lace, silk, and embellishments. Check out these top five looks we’re lovin’.

1. Sweatshirts & Sequins

A tranformation from simplicity to complexity has hit sweatshirts with cut-out sleeves and free-form hems. With a pair of embellished fishnets and a set of the very popular thigh high boots trend, athleisure just went from blasé to sexy.

2. Silk

Chunky knit cardigans will always be a staple in our cloests, but the pairing of oversized knit and silk is a new take on comfort. A cardigan placed over a sexy slip tones down the  sultry appeal, giving you the ability to wear this on everyday errands.

3. Jeans & Fishnets

We’re seeing this a lot more recently, and now that it’s hit NYFW, it must be an official trend… right? In any case, we love it. The fishnets add detail to an average look, while also giving loose styles femininity.

4. Bodysuits

Usually you flaunt a bodysuit on a Friday night out, but this line pairs a lace bodysuit with baggy jeans, making the style casual. We think you’ll be seeing more bodysuit use in your regular day versus the club. 

5. Sweatsuits

There’s been some whispering on whether or not #trackisback. We don’t think you’ll see many blinged bottoms or form-fitting jackets in 2017, but you’ll probably see the decades old trend take on a new, baggy form.

Love them or hate them, Kendall and Kylie know what fashion essentials we’re needing.  

Katie Kinslow

South Carolina

Communicator, award-winning time waster, avid Cheez-it eater, Pinterest zombie, Halloween enthusiast, passionate writer, and shopoholic who probably needs professional help. 
SC Contributor

South Carolina