woman wearing green graduation cap
woman wearing green graduation cap
Juan Ramos/Unsplash

Joe Biden Comes to U of SC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Call it old news, boring news, whatever type of news you want: it is still important news. On May 9th, a week from today, the seniors at the University of South Carolina will walk across the stage, shake President Pastides’ hand, receive their degree, and officially graduate from their undergraduate university. Oh, and they’ll listen to the current Vice President of the United States deliver the commencement address. That’s right ladies, Joe Biden has agreed to speak at the graduation ceremonies here at USC. He will also receive an honorary degree of doctor of public administration from the University of South Carolina.

Biden will address graduates at the 3 p.m. ceremony in the Colonial Life Arena. This ceremony includes graduates from the Darla Moore School of Business, College of Mass Communications and Information Studies, College of Nursing, South Carolina College of Pharmacy, and the Arnold School of Public Health.

Our 47th vice president has represented the United States in every region of the world, as Biden has traveled to over 24 countries. He has worked on many domestic issues, including college affordability, and is the first sitting vice president to give the commencement address at the University of South Carolina.  Whether you agree with his political views or not, you have to respect that he is a well accomplished man and is going to give some of the best advice to our graduates.

Congratulations to all of the graduates of the University of South Carolina Class of 2014! Your hard work as finally paid off, and we can’t wait to see what the future holds for you!

Alpha Delta Pi, Broadcast Journalism, College Football, Olympics, Pugs, Mexican Food www.thegarnetdiaries.com