Jared Thompson ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is a sweet and goal-oriented guy, and Her Campus South Carolina is excited for our readers to get to know him!

Name: Jared Thompson

Year: Junior (2016)

Age: 21

Hometown: Sumter, SC

Major: Political Science and English

Favorite Thing To Do: “What’s free time?”

Where would you like to be in 5-10 years? “Hopefully graduated from Law School and working at a firm somewhere. Would also love to have a Mrs. Thompson in the picture at some point as well ;)”

What is your dream vacation? “I’m pretty adventurous and up for anything. I’m a sucker for road trips, so a nice drive from Columbia to the west coast with my friends sounds like a great vacation to me.”

How are you involved on campus? “I’m a University 101 Peer Leader, something I absolutely love. The class I co-instructed was definitely the highlight of this past semester. I’m also a University Ambassador, so I get to show off campus to prospective students each week.”

What is your favorite thing about USC: “I love the diversity on campus, especially meeting international and exchange students. There’s a lot you can learn about people during college that extends far beyond what any textbook ever can.”

Who is your celebrity crush(es)? “As far as actresses go, Viola Davis is by far one of the best ones out there. I’d also hate to be the typical guy, but Jennifer Aniston is still pretty gorgeous too.”

What is your guilty pleasure?  “I’m still old school when it comes to music so don’t be surprised if you catch me pulling into my parking garage blaring some 80s rock.”